Registering to vote, polling stations, Register of Electors, Canvass Reform 2020, polling cards, postal votes, proxy votes, poll clerks, election results and verification number.
Police and Crime Commissioner elections
An election will take place on Thursday, 6 May 2021 to elect a new Police & Crime Commissioner for the Humberside Police Area. A new Commissioner is elected every 4 years.
The Humberside Police Area covers the following local authority areas:-
- East Riding of Yorkshire Council
- Kingston upon Hull City Council
- North East Lincolnshire Council
- North Lincolnshire Council
The Police Area Returning Officer for these elections is East Riding of Yorkshire Council, also known as the lead authority. Please visit www.eastriding.gov.uk/elections to find out all the information on these elections.
- Humberside PCC Notice of election [PDF, 118Kb]
The hours of poll are 7 am until 10 pm and each local authority will undertake their local count starting at 10.30 am on Saturday, 8 May 2021.
Statement of Persons Nominated
- Humberside PCC Statement of Persons Nominated [PDF, 72Kb]
Local and Town & Parish Council By-Elections
The following Unitary Ward and Parish Council elections will also take place on Thursday, 6 May 2021:-
- Ashby Ward – one vacancy
- Bottesford Ward – one vacancy
- Broughton & Appleby Ward – two vacancies
- Statement of Persons Nominated_District – Ashby, Bottesford, Broughton and Applebly [PDF, 128Kb]
- Bottesford (East Ward) Town – one vacancy
- Statement of Persons Nominated – Bottesford East Ward [PDF, 100Kb]
- Barton Town – one vacancy
- Garthopre & Fockerby Parish – two vacancies
- North Killingholme Parish – one vacancy
- Statement of Persons Nominated_Parish – Garthorpe and Fockerby, North Killingholme, Barton [PDF, 113Kb]
Appointment of Election Agents [PDF, 42Kb]
If the election is contested, the poll will take place on Thursday, 6 May 2021 between the hours of 7 am and 10 pm.
Electors should take note that the deadline for new applications to vote by post or to change existing postal or proxy arrangements e.g. cancellation or re-direction etc must reach the Electoral Registration Officer at the address shown below by 5pm on Tuesday, 20 April 2021 if they are to be effective for this election.
New applications to vote by proxy must be received by the Electoral Registration Officer by 5pm on Tuesday, 27 April 2021.
The deadline for new applications to be received by the Electoral Registration Officer to vote by proxy on grounds of occupation, service or employment or a medical condition, illness or disability arising after 5pm on Tuesday, 27 April 2021 is not later than 5pm on Thursday, 6 May 2021