Information Complaints

To follow any changes to this service, visit the Council Service Updates page.

Information complaints

If you are unhappy with any aspect of how we are looking after your personal information or about the response you have received to a request for information you can ask for an Internal Review (complaint investigation).


How to I ask for an Internal Review (complaint investigation)?

Please see our Information Complaints Policy [PDF, 564Kb] for details of how we will carry out an Internal Review (complaint investigation).


If you require assistance to make a complaint:

Please contact one of our Local Links or call our Customer Contact Centre on 01724 297000 for assistance.

What do I do if I am still unhappy after you have investigated?

If you are still unhappy following the completion of our Internal Review (complaints process) you can appeal to the Information Commissioner. Details of this process are on the Information Commissioner’s website.


Please contact the council’s Information Governance Advisor via informationgovernanceteam@northlincs.gov.uk for further detail.