Information about trains, stations, concessionary passes and travel passes in North Lincolnshire.
Local trains and planning a journey
The three main train operators in North Lincolnshire are:
- First Transpennine Express operate hourly services to Manchester Airport from Barnetby and Scunthorpe. Download the First Transpennine Express app. Customers are strongly advised to check before travelling.
- East Midlands Trains operate services from Barnetby to Lincoln. Download the East Midlands Trains app.
- Northern Rail have an hourly stopping service from Scunthorpe through to Doncaster. Saturday services from Brigg and Kirton to Sheffield and Cleethorpes are also available. Download the Northern Rail app.
If you have an Android or iOS (iPhone) smartphone, you can download the apps. They provide information on train times and allow you to purchase tickets to collect from ticket machines at some stations.
Tickets can be purchased from Scunthorpe rail station or from the conductor on the train.
To check train times, fares and station facilities for any train journey visit National Rail enquiries.
You could also use Traveline to plan a journey:
If you have a North Lincolnshire Concessionary Fare Pass you may travel at a reduced fare on local trains within North Lincolnshire, as far as Cleethorpes. You may also travel by train to and from Lincoln and Gainsborough, but these journeys must only be via Barnetby. Journeys from Brigg and Kirton in Lindsey to Gainsborough are available on a Saturday only.
With a pass showing a one train symbol you can buy a half fare return ticket for these local train journeys. There is one third off single tickets. The companion of a pass holder with the +C symbol will receive a reduction on tickets of a half fare return ticket or third off for single tickets.
If your pass shows a two train symbol you are entitled to free rail travel on these local trains. The companion of a pass holder with the +C symbol will receive a reduction on tickets of a half fare return ticket or third off for single tickets.
All journeys must start or finish within North Lincolnshire.
To purchase your rail ticket with a North Lincolnshire Concessionary Fare Pass you will need to go to the Scunthorpe station ticket office or the conductor on the train. Explain that you have a North Lincolnshire Concessionary Fare Pass. You will receive any discounts that you may be entitled to.
You will not be able to buy train tickets using your concessionary fare pass at the automated ticket machines or online.
North Lincolnshire Travel Pass holders may travel on journeys between:
- any two stations in North Lincolnshire (highlighted in green on the map)
- a station in North Lincolnshire and any other station shown on the red lines will be either reduced travel or free travel.