MOT and Engineer’s Report
We can offer MOT tests and Engineer’s Reports to the general public from our workshop on Grange Lane North, Scunthorpe.
Why should I book an MOT test with the council?
We do not carry out remedial repairs, and therefore the MOT test is an independent examination.
Why should I book an Engineer’s Report?
If you are looking at buying a used car, you should consider the following:
- Before you part with your cash it would be wise to invest in the price of a tank of petrol for a thorough check of the car. This will make sure there’s nothing wrong that can’t be spotted from a quick test drive and a once over on the garage forecourt or outside someone’s house
- We can provide an Engineer’s Report on any car, regardless of its age. The report will give details of the condition of the car and all the important components that contribute to the vehicle’s safety and roadworthiness
- At the end of the inspection and road test, which takes approximately one hour, you will receive a written report from an MOT qualified mechanic. The report will give details of the car’s condition and approximate value as presented to the workshops on the day
- The mechanic will advise on any recommended repairs, if any, and the information will help you negotiate the right price with the seller
How much does it cost?
- Class 4 MOT test (cars and light vehicles up to 3,000kg) is £50
- Class 7 MOT test (light vehicles between 3,000 – 3,500kg) is £50
- Engineer’s Report is £57.
For further information on either of our test facilities or to book an appointment please contact us.
Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm
Closed Saturday, Sunday and bank holidays