Inspired learning for schools
We are an award winning museum learning service providing hands-on and engaging learning experiences for foundation, primary and secondary school pupils.
To find out more about our full range of school workshops read our Inspired Learning Primary Schools Programme. (If you would like this programme in a more accessible format, please let us know using the contact details below.)
We offer a unique learning experience to schools across three different learning venues in North Lincolnshire:
- North Lincolnshire Museum
- Normanby Hall Country Park
- Baysgarth House Museum
- Awarded the Sandford Award for Heritage Education for our excellent educational and informal learning programme
- Outreach workshops and themed experiences at your school
- Loans service with themed boxes to complement your workshops
- Learning experiences tailored to the needs of your school pupils
- Workshops evaluated by teachers and school pupils to ensure we provide a consistently high service
- We have received the North Lincolnshire Communication and Interaction Charter Mark
- Shortlisted for Shine a Light Award which showcases excellent practice around supporting children and young people’s communication development
- Co-ordinate the History Subject Leaders group to meet each term
The Meadowsong Initiative Teacher Training Day – training opportunity for Year 3 teachers. Please see below for details.
The Inspired Learning Team, including 20-21 and North Lincolnshire Museum, have joined the Meadowsong initiative and are delighted to invite Year 3 teachers to join our training day.
We will be working with the RSPB and WWF to provide a FREE national primary teacher training programme and resource package which will be launched this academic year.
The Meadowsong project is based around four songs that celebrate wildflower habitats. These songs are the foundation for a half term’s plans and resources that enable the delivery of the Plants topic in a cross-curricular way.
The RSPB and WWF are offering this training and resources FREE in collaboration with LEAs around the country. The one-day training session is open to all Year 3 teachers.
The training will allow teachers to use the resources across a six-week period culminating in a performance and the planting of a mini wildflower habitat in their school grounds.
There will be 30 FREE places on the LEA training day. In summary, we are offering:
• FREE Y3 teacher training
• FREE curriculum resources in Science, English, Art, Music and Dance available after training
• FREE music resourcing including teaching scores and backing tracks for an assembly performance
• FREE LEA Copyright permissions for the music
• FREE expertise and guidance on how to create and maintain a wildflower mini meadow supported by the WWF ID APP
• Links to the RSPB‘s FREE Schools Award Scheme, Wild Challenge.
We are looking for schools that will provide a commitment to the training, performance and planting of a mini meadow in their schools. If you would like to take part please register your interest by emailing email@example.com
The loans collection consists of over 3,000 real and replica objects.
You can borrow a box for a week or half term term and order them at any point during the term.
Please enquire if there is something specific you require, as we may be able to put it together for you.
Please note: during the loan periods the boxes and contents are the responsibility of the borrower. Lost or damaged objects will have to be paid for.
£5 per child
Minimum workshop charge £82
£9 per child
Minimum full day charge £135
£6.50 per child
Minimum charge £100 plus mileage
£30 per half term
Additional loans box
£20 per half term
Late charge £5
To make sure you have the best experience with your class, the maximum group size is 36.
The number of adults that we require varies with each workshop, so please ask when you book your visit.
Once you have booked you will receive a resource pack for your chosen workshop with your booking confirmation. The resource pack includes information about your workshop, risk assessments and suggested activities for after your visit.
Please sign and return the booking confirmation at least two weeks before the date of your visit. You will receive an invoice after your workshop once final pupil numbers have been confirmed.
Booking for our workshops is essential. A free teacher pre-visit is strongly recommended to discuss any special requirements or additional learning outcomes.
North Lincolnshire Museum
Monday to Saturday: 10am to 4pm
Sunday: 1pm to 4pm