Inspired learning for schools
We are an award winning museum learning service providing hands-on and engaging learning experiences for foundation, primary and secondary school pupils.
To find out more about our full range of school workshops read our Inspired Learning Primary Schools Programme [PDF, 4Mb].
We offer a unique learning experience to schools across three different learning venues in North Lincolnshire:
- North Lincolnshire Museum
- Normanby Hall Country Park
- Baysgarth House Museum
- Awarded the Sandford Award for Heritage Education for our excellent educational and informal learning programme
- Outreach workshops and themed experiences at your school
- Loans service with themed boxes to complement your workshops
- Learning experiences tailored to the needs of your school pupils
- Workshops evaluated by teachers and school pupils to ensure we provide a consistently high service
- We have a Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge, which assures teachers that we offer quality learning experiences and manage risk effectively
- We have received the North Lincolnshire Communication and Interaction Charter Mark
- Shortlisted for Shine a Light Award which showcases excellent practice around supporting children and young people’s communication development
- Co-ordinate the History Subject Leaders group to meet each term
The loans collection consists of over 3,000 real and replica objects.
You can borrow a box for a week or half term term and order them at any point during the term.
Please enquire if there is something specific you require, as we may be able to put it together for you.
Please note: during the loan periods the boxes and contents are the responsibility of the borrower. Lost or damaged objects will have to be paid for.
£5 per child
Minimum workshop charge £82
£9 per child
Minimum full day charge £135
£6.50 per child
Minimum charge £100 plus mileage
£30 per half term
Additional loans box
£20 per half term
Late charge £5
To make sure you have the best experience with your class, the maximum group size is 36.
The number of adults that we require varies with each workshop, so please ask when you book your visit.
Once you have booked you will receive a resource pack for your chosen workshop with your booking confirmation. The resource pack includes information about your workshop, risk assessments and suggested activities for after your visit.
Please sign and return the booking confirmation at least two weeks before the date of your visit. You will receive an invoice after your workshop once final pupil numbers have been confirmed.
Booking for our workshops is essential. A free teacher pre-visit is strongly recommended to discuss any special requirements or additional learning outcomes.
North Lincolnshire Museum
Monday to Saturday: 10am to 4pm
Sunday: 1pm to 4pm
Monday to Saturday: 10.30am to 3.30pm
Sunday: 1.30pm to 3.30pm