The Local Offer
Our Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Local Offer includes information about resources, services, support, activities, events, training and lots more for North Lincolnshire’s children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities and their families.
The services on the Local Offer website include:
- Alternative learning and behaviour support
- Autism spectrum education
- Carers support service
- Children’s therapy
- Clinical psychology and counselling
- Community health
- Direct payments
- Disability service
- Early years inclusion and SEN
- Education preparation
- Educational psychology
- Hearing support
- Integrated service for disabled children
- Occupational therapy
- Primary Behaviour Support Team
- Short breaks
- Special educational needs
- Support for Parents, PIP and SENDIASS
- Tuition and medical needs
- Vision support
The government has allocated capital funding to local authorities to support meeting local needs and priorities.
North Lincolnshire Council has been allocated £500k capital funding over three years to create new school places and improve existing facilities for children and young people with SEN and disabilities. The Local Authority, in consultation with local stakeholders, has determined how the funding should be prioritised to improve special provision for children and young people with education, health and care plans (EHCP).
The plan below outlines three development areas for North Lincolnshire.
- Special Provision Capital Plan [PDF, 23Kb]
The Special Educational Needs and Disability (SEND) Team have responsibility for:
- the management of Education Health Care (EHC) needs assessment process
- the annual review of EHC plans and statements
- managing the transfer review process for those who currently receive support as a result of a Learning Difficulties Assessment (LDA) post 16
- providing advice and guidance to education providers, parents and other professionals regarding EHC needs assessment process