Disability Access Fund
The Disability Access Fund (DAF) supports children with special educational needs and disabilities (SEND). The DAF aids access to early years places. It should help towards making reasonable adjustments and/or helping with building capacity. This can be for the child in question or for the benefit of children as a whole attending the setting.
Three and four year olds are eligible for the DAF if they are in receipt of:
- Child Disability Living Allowance
- and receive free early education
- The settings of three and four year olds eligible for the DAF will be entitled to receive a one-off payment of £615 per year. The DAF is not based on an hourly rate and is an additional entitlement.
- The lump sum payment can only be paid to one setting. The parents of children that are splitting their EEF across two or more providers are responsible for nominating the provider who should receive the DAF payment.
- Children who are in receipt of DAF will be eligible in the setting they have chosen to take up their Early Education Funding, or in the case of split setting, the setting nominated by the parent.
- Children do not have to take up the full 570 hours of early education they are entitled to in order to receive the DAF.
- If a child receiving DAF moves from one setting to another within a financial year, the money will remain with the original setting. The new setting is not eligible to receive DAF funding for this child within the same financial year.
Early years providers are ultimately responsible for identifying eligible children. Providers should speak to parents in order to find out if their child is eligible for the Disability Access Fund (DAF).
Parents should complete the Parent Agreement Form indicating that their child is eligible for Disability Living Allowance, and tick to confirm they would like the provider to receive the Disability Access Fund. This should be submitted with a copy of the child’s Disability Living Allowance letter to access the funding.
Monday to Thursday: 8am to 9pm
Friday: 8am to 5pm