Standards and Effectiveness Service
The Standards and Effectiveness Service plays a key role in improving the quality of provision and outcomes for children and young people in education, so that equity of opportunity and excellence in achievement become the norm for all.
We work with all early years settings, schools, academies and colleges in North Lincolnshire. This includes childminders, pre-schools, nurseries, infant schools, junior schools, primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, pupil referral units and sixth form colleges. We also work closely with other services across the council, including Access and Inclusion and Participation and Achievement.
The three main teams within the Standards and Effectiveness Service are School Improvement, Early Years and Governor Services.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all schools and other settings
- Work in partnership with the leaders and governors of schools and other settings, and hold them to account for quality and standards
- Help them to evaluate their impact on outcomes for children and young people and decide on the right improvement priorities
- Provide or broker differentiated levels of challenge and support, including school improvement partners
- Intervene early in schools of concern to bring about rapid improvement
- Promote sector-led improvement and partnerships between schools and settings, to build leadership capacity and share good practice
- Fulfil statutory duties and council priorities