Standards and Effectiveness Service
The Standards and Effectiveness Service plays a key role in improving the quality of provision and outcomes for children and young people in education, so that equity of opportunity and excellence in achievement become the norm for all.
We work with all early years settings, schools, academies and colleges in North Lincolnshire. This includes childminders, pre-schools, nurseries, infant schools, junior schools, primary schools, secondary schools, special schools, pupil referral units and sixth form colleges. We also work closely with other services across the council, including Access and Inclusion, Participation and Achievement and initial teacher training providers, for example North Lincolnshire SCITT Partnership.
The service offers a wide range of additional support services for schools to meet their own specific needs. Our skills and experience ensure schools get real value for money and support to achieve positive outcomes for pupils.
Our team of experienced educational professionals provides advice, support and challenge in a wide range of curriculum, management and leadership areas for school improvement. This is available to all schools in North Lincolnshire. We:
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all schools and other settings
- Work in partnership with the leaders and governors of schools and other settings, and hold them to account for quality and standards
- Help them to evaluate their impact on outcomes for children and young people and decide on the right improvement priorities
- Provide or broker differentiated levels of challenge and support, including school improvement partners
- Intervene early in schools of concern to bring about rapid improvement
- Promote sector-led improvement and partnerships between schools and settings – to build leadership capacity and share good practice
- Fulfil statutory duties and council priorities
- Early Years Service
- Services to Schools – Standards and Effectiveness
- Governors Development Service
- Governing Board Clerking
- Data and Information
- Education Standards Board
- Newly Qualified Teacher Appropriate Body Service
- Initial Teacher Training Provision – North Lincolnshire School Centred Initial teacher Training (SCITT)
Teach North Lincs (Teacher recruitment):
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm