The Lincolnshire Lakes Area Action Plan (AAP) sets out the planning policy framework to deliver the Lincolnshire Lakes development in a consistent and properly planned way.
This project will create a number of high quality, sustainable village communities on land between the western edge of Scunthorpe and the River Trent, set within an attractive waterside environment with major opportunities for leisure, sport and recreation.
This development will also provide an ideal setting for new businesses with the creation of new high quality employment space and Business Park. For all business and investment opportunities see the Invest in North Lincolnshire website.
The AAP was adopted on 10 May 2016.
This followed extensive evidence gathering, periods of public consultation culminating a statutory six week consultation on Submission Draft version of the AAP (October to December 2014), an independent examination by a Planning Inspector (October 2015) and further consultation period on a number of Proposed Main Modifications (December 2015 to February 2016).
The Inspector considered that the AAP is sound subject to the inclusion of the Proposed Main Modifications.
The adopted AAP together with the Inspector’s Report and other supporting documentation (including the Adoption Statement) can be viewed online.
The Adoption Statement sets out where and how the AAP can be inspected. It states the grounds on which any person aggrieved by the AAP may make an application to the High Court (under Section 113 of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004), together with the period in which any such application must be made.
- Lincolnshire Lakes Area Action Plan (May 2016)
- Infrastructure Delivery Schedule (May 2016)
- Inspector’s Report and Appendix – Main Modifications
- Minor Changes (Editing) – Post Submission
- Adoption Statement (May 2016)
- Environmental Statement (May 2016)
- Sustainability Appraisal – Submission Draft (October 2014)
- Habitat Regulations Assessment – Submission Draft (October 2014)
- Sustainability Appraisal Addendum – Proposed Main Modifications (December 2015)
- Habitat Regulations Assessment – Proposed Main Modifications (December 2015)
For earlier stages in the process, please visit the Evidence Base.