Current public notices

  • Public rights of way are recorded in the Definitive Map and Statement.
  • We must keep this up to date by means of legal orders known as Definitive Map Modifications.
  • A public notice must be advertised when certain orders to modify the Definitive Map are made.
  • You are able to make an objection if you do not agree with the order.  Details of how to do this are contained within the notice.
  • If objections are received and not withdrawn, they will be sent to the Secretary of State to be dealt with by written representations, public hearing, or public inquiry.


Please contact us for more information.

Orders currently with the Secretary of State:



Public Rights of Way team

Customer Contact Centre

01724 297000

Monday to Friday
8am to 4pm