Event Safety Advisory Group (ESAG)
Organising an event?
If you are planning an event in North Lincolnshire we recommend that you contact the North Lincolnshire Event Safety Advisory Group (ESAG).
The aim of the ESAG is to work together with core members of North Lincolnshire Council, Humberside Fire and Rescue, Humberside Police and East Midlands Ambulance Services to encourage high standards of public safety and wellbeing at events held within North Lincolnshire.
ESAG is an advisory service only. It is not an event organising service.
For events where the expected numbers will be more than 500 people you should complete and return the notification form, along with all the required information, at least six months before the event. For smaller events, the notification should be submitted at least three months before the event. Failure to meet these timescales may prevent appropriate consultation.
Is your event on council land?
We must ensure that any event proposed to be held on council owned land has all appropriate safety measures and legal certification in place before permission is granted. Sometimes a licence will be required for you to use the land.
A list of some of the Council’s owned land and details on how to contact us and gain permission are below. Please allow us at least six week’s notice for your request to be dealt with.
If you are intending to hold an event on council land, please contact the Council via the Council’s Contact Centre on 01724 297000 so that your enquiry can be directed to the relevant Council department. They will consider your enquiry and you may need to make an application to gain the necessary permission. This may require you to tell us more about your event and your application would be assisted if you could attach a copy of the following;
- A copy of your public liability insurance (minimum £5m) for the event and any similar insurance for any contractor who will be using the event site.
- A Risk Assessment for the event.
- A detailed site plan showing the exact location of the site to be used for the event.
Please allow at least 6 weeks to enable your application for permission to be processed which may require a licence to be arranged
Once permission and any licence that may be needed have been granted you can then submit the details for the event to the ESAG for their consideration using the event notification form link below.
Examples of the locations of Council owned land that may be available for use as event sites.
- Central Park, Ashby Road, Scunthorpe
- The Rock Store, Normanby Road, Scunthorpe
- Ashby Ville Lake, Scunthorpe
- Baysgarth Park, Barton upon Humber
- Brigg Recreation Ground, Brigg
- Bull Field, Manor Road, Bottesford
- Carlton Street Car Park, Scunthorpe
- Church Square and High Street, Scunthorpe
- Everest Road Playing Field, Scunthorpe
- Manor Park, Burringham Road, Scunthorpe
- Normanby Hall and Country Park, Normanby
- Quibell Park, Scunthorpe
- Sheffield Park, Scunthorpe
- Waters’ Edge Visitor Centre, Barton upon Humber
- Coop Sports Ground, Brumby Wood Lane, Scunthorpe
Completed forms can be emailed or posted to us.
Once received, the information will be circulated to the ESAG members. Any advice or guidance received from the group members will be forwarded to you. If there are specific concerns, you may be asked to attend an ESAG meeting to discuss these matters. Meetings are scheduled throughout the year and you will be invited to attend on the next available date.
If there are no matters of concern you will receive confirmation of this from the group.
There is a large amount of information available to assist event organisers on this page and in the North Lincolnshire Events Safety Guidance for Organisers booklet [PDF, 94Kb].
ESAG meeting dates
The Event Safety and Advisory Group meet twice a year at Church Square House, Scunthorpe. Dates of future meetings will be published here once they are known.
Next meeting: TBC
Tel: 01724 297000
Food & Safety Team
Church Square House
PO Box 42
Please note these checklists are in a spreadsheet format and require Excel to open and function properly.
- Dog shows [109KB]
- Fireworks display [98KB]
- Garden parties and fetes [112KB]
- Indoor exhibitions [106KB]
- Indoor sports [86KB]
- Outdoor sports [89KB]
- Road races [104KB]
- Woodland walks [95KB]
- Young persons disco [123KB]