Food Safety Business Advice Service
The Food and Safety Team ensure the safety of food produced, sold and eaten in North Lincolnshire and protect the public against food borne illnesses. If you run a food business, it is important that you understand all the laws that apply to you; this not only makes good business sense, but usually means you are not at risk of substantial financial penalties for non-compliance.
We know that Food Safety legislation can be complex and can sometimes feel like a burden, but for general questions, free guidance is available at the Food Standards Agency website. You can also get other useful information if you are thinking of starting a food business on the business pages of GOV.UK.
If you are starting up a new food business or taking on an existing food business why not get your business off to the best possible start by registering for the Food Safety Business Advice Service. The service can help you to understand the regulatory requirements needed to achieve the best possible rating for your business and achieve compliance with food law.
If you require more comprehensive advice than that provided on the Food Standards Agency website, or if you would like an officer to answer a specific query in regard to your business, we offer a bespoke Food Safety Business Advice Service tailored to the needs of your business
To access our bespoke Food Safety Business Advice Service, you will need to register and agree to our terms and conditions
Your personal data will be treated in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended).
Once registered, you will be able to subscribe to our Food Safety Business Advice Service and may also qualify for 30 minutes of free advice per year.
You must register your new food business with the council by law. There are no specific exemptions from this requirement. There is no charge to register your food business but failure to do so is an offence.
Our Food Safety team can offer advice on, but is not limited to:
- Premises layout, structure, facilities and equipment.
- Food safety practices and procedures.
- Food Hygiene Rating Scheme requirements.
- Food legislation specific to your business.
- Food safety management procedures and control systems.
Our Food Safety Business Advice Service is available to request or buy online:
- Free advice – Certain businesses qualify for 30 minutes free advice per year; to find out if you are eligible please complete our short questionnaire.
- Chargeable new business advice – An onsite visit delivered by a qualified officer of the Food Safety team including a report and tailored advice appropriate to your business and an up to date “Safer Food Better Business” pack to help you comply with Food Hygiene Regulations (maximum three hours of Food Safety advice for an up-front fee of £175 + VAT).
Free advice is valid for 12 months from the date of registration.
Chargeable new business advice is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Advice is logged in 15 minute slots whether or not the full 15 minutes is used.
A Primary Authority Partnership is bespoke to the needs of your business. If you wish to discuss entering into a Primary Authority arrangement with us, please register and request a bespoke quotation.
The service we provide will abide by the North Lincolnshire Council Food Safety Business Advice Service Policy and its terms and conditions.
We will acknowledge requests for Food Safety Business Advice within three working days.