North Lincolnshire Healthy Lifestyle Service
North Lincolnshire Healthy Lifestyle Service brings together lifestyle support services in one place, making it easier for local people to access help and support for a range of issues at once.
The service can also be accessed in a range of local settings such as local leisure centres, wellbeing hubs, children’s centres and some GP practices.
A team of friendly and knowledgeable Healthy Lifestyle Facilitators can support people wanting to focus on the following:
- Achieving and maintaining a healthy weight
- Stopping smoking
- Reducing alcohol use
- Being more physically active
- Increasing wellbeing, including mental and emotional health
- Training around health and wellbeing for those people who are interested in becoming trained as health champions
- Signposting to wider local supporting services
A programme of six to 12 sessions is on offer, at local convenient venues, and follow-up support will be available once the programme has been completed.
Everyone who is seen by the service will have a one-to-one assessment with one of our Healthy Lifestyle Facilitators who will then identify the best way to offer support.
The service will accept self-referrals as well as referrals from wider agencies such as GPs, nurses and social care.