Short term foster care
Make a difference to a child’s life – become a foster carer
Short term foster carers offer a home to a child for a period of up to two years. This can be while work is taking place to enable the child to return home to their family. The foster carers play a vital role in supporting the child and the reunification plan.
Other short term placements may be during court proceedings while decisions are made about the child’s long term future.
Foster carers will work with social workers and other agencies to help children move on to permanence.
Where reunification to family has not been possible, many children will have a plan of adoption. Foster carers play a key role in supporting children’s transition to their adoptive family
- Adoption in North Lincolnshire
- Fostering in North Lincolnshire
- Adoption and Fostering information events
- Already a foster carer – interested in joining us?
- Butterflies carers for children with a disability
- Carers for teenagers in foster care
- Short breaks for foster carers
- Tax information for foster carers
- What our Foster Carers have to say about fostering
- What’s on in North Lincolnshire
- Latest news
- Other council services
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm