Parent and child foster carers
Parent and child carers offer support to young parents who have limited support within their own family network.
The role of the parent and child carer is to support the young parent to gain the necessary skills to meet the needs of the baby or young child.
Parent and child carers need to have the skills to teach young people and allow them to care for their own child with guidance.
Foster carers for parent and child placements need to have the the following skills:
- be able to supervise and teach a young parent
- offer guidance to a parent who may be very anxious
- offer guidance to a parent who may have a learning disability
- offer guidance to a parent who may be resistant to advice
- be able to step in if they feel the child is in danger
Parent and child carers are given specific training and support in their role.
If you are interested in further information or want to discuss any issue or questions you have please contact us. We will be happy to help.
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm