Support to live independently
Are you hoping to live independently within your community for as long as you can? Maybe you need some assistance to do this. Perhaps you’re looking for services to help your elderly relative stay in their own home?
There are a range of services and technology which can help:
- The Adult Information Hub offers information and a catalogue of products to support independent living.
- Community Wellbeing Hubs: offer a range of activities and information for adults in North Lincolnshire
- Home Care: information on home care, domiciliary care, home help and how to access it
- Getting Well Again: information on the support you can receive after injury or illness (intermediary care)
- Handyperson and Gardening Scheme: can carry out minor repairs, home maintenance, improvements and gardening service
- Telecare: technology which can help you to remain independent at home
- Expert Patient Programme – Support to manage a long-term health problem
Housing related support can help:
- manage your personal budget to deal with accessing different services
- find paid work and get the most out of the money you earn
- access the Advocacy Service
- access sheltered housing services, including a warden system to community alarm phone
- develop life skills in setting up and maintaining your home so that you may be able to stay at home
- develop your confidence and ability so that you can have choice and control and get involved in the community if you wish
To access this support you can request an assessment to speak with someone from the team who will talk to you about what it is you are looking for and need.