Adult Services are able to provide support or advice for people with a physical disability or sensory impairment. If you would like to find out more please contact:
Access Team on 01724 297000.
This service is able to put you in touch with voluntary organisations that may be able to assist you, and is also able to advise you about who to contact for financial assistance.
The Complex Disability Team
Work within North Lincolnshire providing assessments of disabled people and those with a sensory impairment and who have had a stroke, to help to maintain their independence and to maximise their choice and control.
We are able to assist with:
- Completion of full assessments on unmet needs
- The completion of individual support plans
- The allocation of a personal budget and advice on its management
- The provision of rehabilitation services and support
- Specialist assessments
- Referral onto to other relevant agencies including health
- Individual support to help regain independence and to stay in the community using a range of local resources
- Disability registration
- Advice and support of young disabled children reaching adulthood
- End of life and bereavement support through a specialist palliative care social worker, commissioned by Health and Social Services
The Occupational Therapy (OT) service is operated by Northern Lincolnshire and Goole (NLaG) NHS Foundation Trust.
The Occupational Therapists are based in three locality teams across North Lincolnshire.
You may be referred to OT services by your GP, Social Services, your carer, a District Nurse or the hospital. If you feel that you would benefit from Occupational Therapy you can also contact OT services yourself. Please call the locality team for your area:
If you are not sure which locality covers your address don’t worry, the locality teams can redirect you to the correct number if you have called a different area.
If you have a disability or sensory impairment and have trouble carrying out day to day tasks then you may be able to get specialised equipment to help you.
Specialised equipment can help with a range of daily duties such as:
- Going to the toilet
- Eating and drinking
For more information on the equipment that is available to you please contact the local Occupational Therapy Service for your area:
- Scunthorpe North and Isle of Axholme: 030 3330 6802
- Scunthorpe South: 030 3330 6804
- Brigg and Barton: 01724 298180
If you are not sure which locality covers your address, don’t worry, the locality teams can redirect you to the correct number if you have called a different area.
Alternatively you could visit the equipment clinic which is held every day at the Ironstone Centre on West Street in Scunthorpe. Appointments are needed and can be made through the Occupational Therapy Service. You can come along to the clinic for advice, assessment and provision of equipment.