We have strong working relationship with:
- health services
- voluntary sector
- statutory social work services
to ensure we provide the right service at the right time to the children, young people, and families we work with.
We believe that children are best cared for with their families and communities where it is safe to do so.
We offer structured support to children and their families where an early help assessment has been undertaken. Or where support has been delivered by universal services and further support is required. We work with children, young people, and their families. We recognise family strengths and that parents sometimes need support with caring for their children in the best way they can. We will consider the needs of the key adults in the family.
We can offer advice and support in the following areas:
- supporting parents to manage their children’s behaviour positively
- diverting young people away from anti-social/ risk facing behaviour
- supporting family relationships
- building and supporting effective communication in families
- working with children and young people to develop their self esteem
- supporting parents whose parenting is affected by substance or alcohol misuse, or mental health
- encouraging aspirations and success for children
- supporting parents to better understand and promote child development
- supporting parents back into employment or education