Funded early education for two year olds
Two-year olds who live in North Lincolnshire and meet any one of the following criteria will be eligible for a funded place.
Parent/Guardian is in receipt of:
- Universal Credit – if a parent is entitled to Universal Credit and they have an annual net earned income equivalent to and not exceeding £15,400, assessed on up to three of
the parent’s most recent Universal Credit assessment periods.
- Tax Credits and have an annual gross income under £16,190 before tax
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support through part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- The Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
Or if the child:
- has a current Education, Health and Care Plan
- attracts Disability Living Allowance
- is looked after by their local authority or
- has left care through special guardianship or through an adoption or child arrangements order.
From September 2019, there are new groups of children who are entitled to a free place. These are:
- Children of Zambrano Carers;
- Children of families with no recourse to public funds with a right to remain in the UK on grounds of private/family life under Article 8 of the European Convention on Human
- Children of a subset of failed asylum seekers (supported under section 4 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 – ‘the 1999 Act’).
Your child will be entitled to 15 hours funded childcare each week during school term time.
Some childminders and childcare settings may be able to stretch the hours over school holidays so your child will attend for fewer hours over more weeks.
If you meet the criteria, your child can have their funded place the term following their second birthday:
If your child’s second birthday falls between:
- 1 January to 31 March – they can have a funded place from the Easter term
- 1 April to 31 August – they can have a funded place from the September term
- 1 September to 31 December – they can have a funded place from the January term
Your child will continue to receive a funded place until they start school even if your circumstances change.
You should apply after the half term holiday of the term your child has their second birthday to allow sufficient time to process your application and find suitable childcare.
If you would like to search for childcare, please visit the Family Information Directory website where you can search for suitable Ofsted registered providers or call the Family Information Service if you need assistance. Tel: 01724 296629.
Further information is also available on the Family Information Service website.
You can access a childcare place with any Ofsted registered childcare provider, which can either be:
- a private nursery
- pre-school or playgroup
- a childminder
- or Althorpe and Keadby Primary School
The funded place will provide a valuable experience for your child. They will be encouraged by a carer to learn through play. Your child will have fun in a safe and nurturing environment. It will help them to socialise and make friends.
Childcare is also good for families. It can enable you to work or find work. It can give you a bit more time to spend with your younger children, visit your local children’s centre, take up a college course or go back to work. It will also give you ideas for things to do with your child at home. It will help them grow and learn.
You can apply during the term that your child turns two years of age by:
- applying online
- visiting a local childcare provider who will be able to complete an application on your behalf
- visiting your local children’s centre who will be able to complete an application on your behalf
- calling the Family Information Service on 01724 296629
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm
You can also text our service:
SMS: 07624809248 Text ‘advice’ and we will ring you back during office hours. Our text is free to use. Your normal network charge for texts will apply.