Councils have a duty to ensure that enough childcare is available for children up to the age of 14 years old (18 years for children with a disability). This is to:
- enable parents to take up or remain in employment
- ensure there are enough childcare places for two year olds eligible for 15 hours of free childcare
- meet demand for all three and four year olds to access their free 15 hours of early learning and childcare (this is a requirement of the Childcare Act 2006)
- meet demand for three and four year olds of working parents to access their extended 15 hours childcare
Councils have to provide a Childcare Sufficiency Assessment (CSA) every year. The Childcare Sufficiency Assessment analyses:
- the demand for childcare across North Lincolnshire
- the supply of available childcare places
- identifies gaps in provision
The North Lincolnshire Childcare Sufficiency Audit – Executive Summary [PDF, 1.07Mb] provides an overview of the sufficiency of childcare places in North Lincolnshire. This is accompanied by the full Sufficiency Audit report [PDF, 2.03Mb].
Copies of the executive summary and report for previous years are available on request from email@example.com.