Contact services for adults

For general enquiries or for information on activities and services please contact the Adult Information Service :

01724 297000

For more information visit our Adult Information Service page.

If you are worried about an adult or for adult social care issues, please contact:

01724 297000


For more information visit our worried about an adult page.

In an emergency ring 999

If you think there has been a crime contact the police.

Mental health support

The Mental Health Social Work Team’s telephone number is 01724 297000.

The team is made up of mental health professionals who assess the needs of people who contact us about their mental health, or who have been referred by other people. We offer a service 24 hours a day, for those whose concerns are of an urgent nature.

Out of hours access

In an emergency outside of office hours, on weekends and during bank holidays phone the Emergency Duty Team on 01724 297000. Alternatively call the police and tell them you are worried about possible adult abuse. They will then tell you the correct person to talk to.

Comments and complaints

If you wish to make a comment or complaint about the council please use our online form.