Children’s Centres news and updates
On this page you will find our latest information and updates for families in North Lincolnshire.
Welfare Rights Drop In
- Do you worry about money?
- Are you concerned you may not be able to pay your next bill?
- Are you worried that you may not be able to put food on the table?
If you experience any of these concerns or anything similar, why not pop in and speak to the Welfare Rights Team, who will be at Ashby Children’s Centre on Monday 14 October between 9:30am and 4pm.
The Welfare Rights Team can help with claiming benefits, sorting debt issues, housing and much more.
Training courses for families
We have lots of training opportunities for families in our Children’s Centres. Take a look at our training courses poster [PDF, 801Kb]. (Our poster is not in an accessible format. However, all of the most important information is included on this webpage. If you require this information in a different format, please contact us.)
To book a place on any of these courses please contact Jacqui on 07717 587152 or Clare on 07717 588059.
Understanding your child
Solihull approach group for parents/carers at:
- Ashby Children’s Centre – Wednesdays from 12.45pm to 2.45pm (11 Sept to 4 Dec 2019)
- West Street Children’s Centre – Thursdays from 9.30am to 11.30am (12 Sept to 5 Dec 2019)
- Barton Children’s Centre – Thursdays 10am to 12pm (12 Sept to 5 Dec 2019)
- Brigg and Isle Children’s Centre – to be confirmed
Delivered by Fluent Coaching
- Ashby Children’s Centre – Thursdays from 5.30pm to 7.30pm (7, 14 and 21 Nov 2019)
Darling to Devil? Understanding your Tweenager
Delivered by Big Talk Education
- Brigg Children’s Centre – Tuesdays from 5.30pm to 7.30pm (29 Oct 2019)
Baby Play (pre-walkers)
Delivered by Adult Community Learning
- Side by Side Children’s Centre – Mondays from 1.30pm to 2.30pm (28 Oct to 9 Dec 2019)
Cooking for Toddlers
Delivered by Healthy Lifestyles Team
- Ashby Children’s Centre – Tuesdays from 12.45pm to 2.45pm (17 Sept to 22 Oct 2019)
Maths and English
Delivered by North Lincolnshire Adult Community Learning
- Brigg Youth Centre – English – Mondays from 10am to 12pm (16 Sept to 2 Dec 2019)
- West Street Children’s Centre – Maths – Wednesdays from 9.30am to 11.30am (18 Sept to 4 Dec 2019)
Emergency Paediatric First Aid
Delivered by Mini First Aid
- West Street Children’s Centre – Tuesdays from 9.30am to 12.30pm (5 and 12 Nov 2019)
Baby and Child First Aid class
Ashby Children’s Centre – Tuesdays from 12.45pm to 2.45pm (15 Oct 2019)
Anxiety Management and Self-Esteem
Delivered by Options Recovery College
- West Street Children’s Centre – Tuesdays from 9.30am to 11.30am (19 and 26 Nov 2019)
Delivered by Adult Community Learning
- Side by Side Children’s Centre – Mondays from 1.30pm to 2.30pm (9 Sept to 7 Oct 2019)
Money Managing sessions
Delivered by Ongo
- Epworth Hub – Tuesdays from 10am to 12pm (3 Sept 2019)
- Viking Centre, Barton – Tuesdays from 10am to 12pm 8 Oct 2019)
- West Street Children’s Centre – Thursdays from 10am to 12pm (7 November 2019)
- Ashby Children’s Centre – Thursdays from 10am to 12pm (5 December 2019)
The Healthy Start scheme is available for families and is means tested to income. More details can be found on the Healthy Start website, the help line on 0345 607 6823 or by calling into a Centre for a booklet and application form. A midwife or health visitor will also be able to help.
The scheme is available for pregnant women and young children. Families who qualify for the scheme are sent vouchers for free fruit, vegetables, milk and vitamins for their family.
For families who don’t qualify for the scheme, vitamins can be purchased from the Centres at £1.50 for children and £1 for adults.
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm