Caring for children with special educational needs or disability (SEND)

Find childcare for children with special educational needs and disabilities.

Local information

If you are looking for childcare we can help. Visit the North Lincolnshire Local Offer childcare page.

We have details of childcare providers and information on what experience and qualifications they have in relation to caring for children with additional needs.

For information and advice on paying for childcare for children with a disability, visit our paying for childcare page.

If you would prefer that we contact the childcare provider on your behalf to discuss your child’s specific needs, then please call us on 01724 297000

Further information

Special Educational Needs and children with disabilities – Information on educational support, the Local Offer, special schools and autism.

Carers Support Centre – the Carers Support Centre offers support to those caring for a child or adult family member or friend and also offer a number of local peer support groups.

SENDIASS – (Special Educational Needs and Disability, Information Advice and Support Service): The service offers a free and confidential service to the parents or carers of children with Special Educational Needs (SEN).

North Lincs Pip Forum – Peer support group for parents and carers of children with special needs and disabilities.

There is a full listing of the help and support available to families of children with additional needs, including Education, Health and Leisure activities on the North Lincolnshire Local Offer website.

Caring for a disabled child: This links to information on GOV.UK and covers a large area of topics relating to caring for a disabled child.

Carers UK: Carers UK offers support and information to carers. There is a specific area to support parents of a disabled child.

NHS Choices: Offers information to parents/carers of a disabled child.

Contact a Family: Contact a Family is a national charity that supports families of disabled children whatever their condition or disability.