Payment of a £150 council tax energy rebate to more than sixty-eight thousand households across North Lincolnshire in council tax bands A – D will be made from mid-May.
Eligible households will receive their rebate depending on how they pay their council tax.
Direct debit payers will receive their rebate payment from mid-May if their April council tax direct debit has been successful. Households need take no further action and will receive their payment automatically unless directly contacted by the council.
Non-direct debit payers will be sent a letter in May which will explain how to securely submit their bank details. Payments will be paid to their nominated bank accounts over the summer.
Further information will be issued later in April regarding payments to eligible households in bands E – H under a discretionary scheme.
Please do not contact the council for updates. If you would like more information and to register for direct debit, please visit our website or alternatively visit one of our community hubs or ring 0300 3030164.
Residents are being urged to be aware of scams and fraudsters. They might contact individuals through email, via text message or on the phone, inviting them to claim their rebate and will often ask for personal details such as full name, date of birth, postcode and mother’s maiden name.
Please remain vigilant and keep your personal information safe by:
• Never replying to an unsolicited text or email message
• Never clicking on a link in a message unless you are sure where the link is taking you
• Using a link to a website you know to be correct or use a search engine to find the correct website
• Carefully reading the message you have been sent. If the spelling or grammar isn’t correct, it is probably not genuine
• Never providing your personal details to an unknown third party, in person, over the phone, or online