Quibell Park is North Lincolnshire’s outdoor athletics track and velodrome. Set in a picturesque location, the facility occupies a level site located in a sheltered position at the bottom of the western escarpment south of Brumby Wood Lane in Scunthorpe.
A range of facilities of sub regional importance and in excellent condition are offered, principally:
- Synthetic eight lane 400 metre running track
- Pole vault run up and block
- Javelin run up
- Throwing circle – shot
- Throwing circle – discus and hammer
- Long and triple jump run up and landing pit
- Steeplechase water jump
- High jump D
- Changing accommodation, toilets, kitchenette and club room
- Car parking
Quibell Park was opened on 12 June 1965 after it’s acquisition in 1960 from the Scunthorpe Agricultural Society. It had been in their ownership since 1947 when it was acquired by public subscription under the leadership of the late Lord Quibell, after whom it was named.
The pavilion and athletics facilities were reconstructed in 2015 following refurbishment of the velodrome in 2005.