Do you and your family enjoy a challenge? If so, and you like being outdoors, then we’ve got some exciting activities in our parks and open spaces for you to take part in.
North Lincs Active Park Fit
Launching Easter 2021 an exciting new opportunity in our local parks.
Park Fit is a simple but effective 10 station exercise circuit which is designed for everyone to benefit from. Circuits will be located in:
- Baysgarth Park, start near Baysgarth Leisure Centre (Brigg Road, Barton-upon-Humber) – from Thursday 8 April
- Central Park, start near The Pods (Ashby Road, Scunthorpe) – from Thursday 15 April
The circuit is free of charge and available to use anytime.
How does it work?
· You can choose to run, jog or walk around the circuit, looking out for the numbered Park Fit Circuit signposts.
· When you get to each signpost, you can stop and complete the exercise which is displayed on the sign.
· Each sign has its own QR code which you can scan with a mobile device to view the exercise demonstration video.
· Each video also has modified versions of each exercise to simplify your workout if needed.
Please remember you are responsible for using Park Fit safely and as directed. You must behave sensibly, exercising within your limits, and follow any safety instructions so as not to hurt or injure yourself or others. In the absence of any negligence or other breach of duty by us, the use of Park Fit is entirely at your own risk. During the exercise if you feel you are exercising beyond your current fitness abilities or feel discomfort, dizziness or sickness you should stop exercising immediately. If you’re currently under medical supervision, please consult your doctor before using Park Fit and follow their advice.
For information on other outdoor challenges in the North Lincolnshire area, including scavenger and treasure hunts, visit the Fuelled (Holiday activities) webpage.