We receive a number of requests for information about business rate accounts (non-domestic properties). To provide a better understanding of business rates in North Lincolnshire the following information is made available.
Business rate billing
The Business rates annual statistics [XLS, 14Kb] document is published annually and contains information to the end of the last financial year, including:
- number of reminders, summonses and liability orders issued during the year
- number of business rates cases referred to bailiffs
- costs to court (gross value of costs raised, including summonses)
The Costs raised and paid for Summons and Liability Orders [XLS, 11Kb] are shown on a separate spreadsheet and are also updated annually.
The Business rates live accounts at 31 December 2019 [XLS, 3902Kb] contains details of properties liable for business rates. It will be updated annually, each January, with a list of accounts that were live on 31 December.
The following information will be updated every six months:
- Small business rate relief awarded [XLS, 2.29Mb]
- Business rates accounts with credit balances [XLS, 173Kb]
- Mandatory relief cases [XLS, 98Kb]
- Discretionary relief cases [XLS, 74Kb]
- [XLS, 377Kb]
- Empty business rate properties [XLS, 250Kb]
- Retail relief cases awarded [XLS, 298Kb]
The New liabilities 2020 [XLS, 32Kb] and Ended liabilities 2020 [XLS, 21Kb] are updated monthly with the previous month’s figures available by the end of the current month. These provide a list of all North Lincolnshire properties newly liable for Non Domestic Rates, and a list of properties no longer liable for Non Domestic Rates.
We cannot vouch for the on-going accuracy of the data, as accounts are updated daily and the information published on this page is only updated periodically.