Pre-Application Advice Service
The Licensing Department covers numerous licensable activities, some more complex than others.
A pre-application advice service has been set up for applications under the following areas:
- Alcohol and Entertainment (Licensing Act 2003)
- Gambling (Gambling Act 2005)
- Animal Welfare (Various Acts)
- Street Trading and Highways Authorities (Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 and Highways Act 1980)
- Hackney Carriage and Private Hire (Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1976 and Town Police Clauses Act 1847
- Sex Establishments (Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982
- Approved Premises for Marriages (Marriages Act 1949)
- Other Applications / Registrations
The pre-application advice scheme provides the following advice and guidance relating to the completing of the application forms and other statutory requirements:
- Advice on appropriate conditions; which will be taken from a pool of standard conditions, where appropriate or how to comply with conditions where they are in force;
- Advice on drawing up plans to accompany the application in accordance with any relevant regulations;
- Assistance with advertising and notice;
- A site visit to ensure that plans are correct and compliant and that the premises conforms to any conditions or regulations as appropriate and to ensure that any statutory notices are displayed; and
- Assistance with other matters, such as the appointment of a designated premises supervisor.
Other advice and assistance may be provided if necessary.
The council charge for the service and a list of the fee’s can be found on our pre-application advice fee table [PDF, 14Kb].
To request pre-application advice, please complete a request form [PDF, 183Kb] and return it to the Licensing Department, PO Box 42, Church Square House, Scunthorpe, DN15 6XQ.
Monday to Thursday
9:00 am – 12.30 pm & 2:00 pm – 4.30 pm
9:00 am – 12.30 pm & 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm