Dangerous Wild Animals Licence

Certain types of animals are classified as dangerous wild animals (DWA). These are listed on a schedule attached to the Dangerous Wild Animals Act 1976.

Who needs to apply?

Anyone who wants to keep a classified dangerous wild animal at their home must hold a licence issued by the council. Licences are issued subject to specialised and strict conditions. These aim to protect the welfare, safety and security of the animal, its owner and the public. Licences need renewing every year. They are subject to a satisfactory vet report.

Downloadable application form

Fees and Charges

You can find the fee for this licence by going to our licence fee register


We aim to deal with grant and renewal applications within 49 days. Tacit consent applies. This means that you will be able to act as though your application has been granted/renewed if you have not heard from us by the end of the above application period.

Email: licensing@northlincs.gov.uk
Tel: 01724 297750

Licensing Department
PO Box 42
Church Square House
DN15 6XQ

Monday to Thursday
9:00 am – 12.30 pm & 2:00 pm – 4.30 pm

9:00 am – 12.30 pm & 2:00 pm – 4:00 pm