To apply electronically, we will accept an emailed copy of the notification with a BACS payment of £21 made on the same day to the following account:
Bank: Barclays Bank
Account Number: 83416593
In the reference please quote “TEN” followed by the surname of the applicant.
Please confirm via email to email@example.com once the payment has been made, confirming the date of payment and full reference quoted.
To apply electronically and for further advice and guidance on completing a TEN form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01724 297750.
In general only the police or local authority exercising environmental health functions may intervene to prevent such an event taking place or agree a modification of the proposed arrangements.
- A personal licence holder may give a temporary event notice 50 times a year, and five times a year for those that do not hold a personal licence
- The length of a temporary event may last for up to 168 hours. But the temporary event notices are not to be more than 21 days per calendar year in total
- The number of times a TEN may be given for any particular premises is 15 times in a calendar year (as of 1 January 2016)
- No more than 499 people can attend a temporary event at any one time
- Only people aged 18 or over may give a temporary event notice
- A calendar year is from 1 January to 31 December inclusive
The number of late TENs that can be given in a calendar year is limited to ten for personal licence holders and two for non-personal licence holders. Late TENs count towards the total number of TENs permitted.
We, as a licensing authority, will try not to attach any terms, limitations or restrictions on a TEN. It will however give advice about respecting the concerns of local residents. It will also give advice on other legislative requirements regarding health and safety, noise pollution and the need to prevent anti-social behaviour by people attending. These matters are covered within the council’s licensing policy.
If the police or environmental health want to object to a TEN, they must issue any objection within three working days of being notified.
The police can rely on their powers of closure if there are any problems during a temporary event.
The applicant must also serve a copy of the TEN to the following:
The Chief Superintendent
Alcohol Licensing Department
Priory Road Police Station
Environmental Health Manager (Commercial)
Church Square House
PO Box 42 Scunthorpe