Business rates statistics
We receive a number of requests for information about business rate accounts (non-domestic properties). To provide a better understanding of business rates in North Lincolnshire the following information is made available.
Business rate billing
The Business rates annual statistics [PDF, XLS, 14Kb] document is published annually and contains information to the end of the last financial year, including:
- number of reminders, summonses and liability orders issued during the year
- number of business rates cases referred to bailiffs
- costs to court (gross value of costs raised, including summonses)
The Costs raised and paid for Summons and Liability Orders [XLS, 13Kb] are shown on a separate spreadsheet and are also updated annually.
The Business rates live accounts at 31 December 2018 [XLS, 3902Kb] contains details of properties liable for business rates. It will be updated annually, each January, with a list of accounts that were live on 31 December.
The following information will be updated every six months:
- Small business rate relief awarded [XLS,1Mb]
- Business rates accounts with credit balances [XLS, 128Kb]
- Mandatory relief cases [XLS, 79Kb]
- Discretionary relief cases [XLS, 60Kb]
- [XLS, 299Kb]
- Empty business rate properties [XLS, 237Kb]
- Retail relief cases awarded [XLS, 99Kb]
The New liabilities in 2019 [XLS, 99Kb] and Ended liabilities in 2019 [XLS, 86Kb] are updated monthly with the previous month’s figures available by the end of the current month. These provide a list of all North Lincolnshire properties newly liable for Non Domestic Rates, and a list of properties no longer liable for Non Domestic Rates.
We cannot vouch for the on-going accuracy of the data, as accounts are updated daily and the information published on this page is only updated periodically.
Information we do not publish
We are unable to disclose information relating to individuals and properties owned by individuals, as this information is classed as “personal data” as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998, and is exempt from disclosure by section 40 (2) of the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
For more information about this, please see the Information Tribunal decision for The London Borough of Bexley and Mr C P England v The Information Commissioner.
The Valuation Office Agency website:
- provides details of rateable values
- gives descriptions and total area of individual business properties
- finds and compares business properties’ rateable values
- allows you to appeal your business property’s rateable value
The Land Registry provides ownership details for registered land and for registered property.
Enforcement Agents act on behalf of the council. Further information about the agents is available on our Enforcement Agents webpage.
Monday to Friday: 9am to 4.30pm