Trading Standards – Fair Trading
We advise on and enforce a range of legislation that cover a number of trading practices including:
- The Motor Trade – Including vehicle descriptions and roadworthiness.
- Doorstep callers – Including cancellation rights and obligations relating to goods or services purchased in the home.
- Itinerant traders and rogue traders – Including doorstep crime issues such as cold calling, aggressive practices and misleading by tradesmen who offer to start building or maintenance work immediately.
- Counterfeiting – Protecting consumers and businesses from illegal copying and breaches of trade marks.
- E-crime – Ensuring that online sellers are trading legally and fairly.
- Estate agents – Protecting consumers from misleading property descriptions.
- Consumer credit – We aim to protect consumers from loan sharks via our partners in the Illegal Money Lending Team.
- Hallmarking – We ensure that jewellery is correctly identified and marked.
- Video recordings – We ensure that films and games sold carry an appropriate age related classification.
For consumer advice:
Citizens Advice Helpline
0808 223 1133
For business advice:
North Lincolnshire Council
Church Square House
Personal callers by appointment only
Monday to Thursday: 8.30am to 5pm
Friday: 8.30am to 4.30pm