Housing Advice Team
Here to help with your housing issues
The Housing Advice Team will do their best to advise, help and signpost with regard to any general questions or problems around housing. We are happy to assist tenants, homeowners and landlords with any issues you might have. Please note that we are not qualified to give legal advice; you will need to speak to a solicitor if you have any legal questions.
You can email the Housing Advice Team on email@example.com or call 01724 297777 in the first instance.
All initial enquiries will be dealt with by telephone or email by a Housing Advice Officer. If an appointment is required it will be made with you at the time of the call.
There is now also a Self Help option which can be found on the HomeChoiceLincs website. This tool is for North Lincolnshire residents only and will ask you a series of questions and then guide you through the different options you can explore to improve your housing situation.
Home or hospital visits can also be arranged where necessary.
You can also contact housing charity Shelter’s free housing advice helpline on 0808 800 4444.
We have Housing Advice Team Statistics [PDF, 228 Kb] available which includes information regarding contacts, homeless preventions, homeless acceptances and temporary accommodation figures.
Initial contact and referrals
Please email completed forms to firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively hand to reception staff at Church Square House or Scunthorpe Central marked ‘FAO Housing Advice’.
More about the duty to refer and making a referral
The public bodies which have a duty to refer are as follows:
- Jobcentre Plus
- social service
- probation services
- hospitals, as part of providing inpatient care
- emergency departments
- urgent treatment centres
- youth offender institutions
- secure training centres
- secure colleges
- Royal Navy
- Royal Marines
What do I need to know?
- You can refer any customer / service user you’ve identified as being either homeless or threatened with homelessness. Take a look at the other information in this section for more advice.
- The customer / service user must give their consent to be referred.
- The individual can choose which local authority they wish to be referred to, so ask them where they would like the referral to be sent.
- If in any doubt, or if your customer / service user needs urgent housing assistance, please contact Housing Advice Team.
If you’re one of the public bodies in the list above and want to refer a customer email: email@example.com. Please note, this is not a secure email address.
Monday to Thursday: 9am to 5pm
Friday: 9am to 4.30pm