Tell Us Once
When someone has died, there are lots of people to notify at a time when you feel least like doing it. North Lincolnshire Registration Service is pleased to be able to offer Tell Us Once.
This service informs certain local government and central Government departments on your behalf that a death has occurred. This free service is delivered straight after a death registration, so you don’t even need to leave the Register Office to notify key departments of the change in circumstances. We can also provide the service if the Coroner has issued interim certificates before an inquest.
The Tell Us Once service is available to the next of kin or the person dealing with the estate of the deceased.
If you are unable to use the service at the time of registration, the Registrar will provide you with a reference number and you will be able to complete the notification using the online portal or by telephoning the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) Tell Us Once helpline on 08000857308 and give the information.
Tell Us Once can notify the following departments after you have registered a death:
- HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) – to deal with personal tax
- Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) – to cancel state pension and benefits such as Employee Support Allowance, tax credits etc
- Passport Office – to cancel a British passport
- Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency (DVLA) – to cancel a licence and remove the person as the keeper of up to 5 vehicles
- the local council – to cancel Housing Benefit, Council Tax Benefit, a Blue Badge, adult social services, inform council housing services and remove the person from the electoral register
- Veterans UK – to cancel Armed Forces Compensation Scheme payments
Tell Us Once will also contact some public sector pension schemes so that they cancel future pension payments. They’ll notify:
- My Civil Service Pension
- NHS Pension Scheme
- Armed Forces Pension Scheme
- pension schemes for NHS staff, teachers, police and firefighters in Scotland
- local authority pension schemes, except where Tell Us Once is not available
- The departments you have chosen to notify will contact you directly if they need any more information to process your change in circumstances.
When you call the Register Office to make an appointment to register a death, we will ask if you would like to use the service and tell you what information you need to bring with you.
If the Coroner’s Office have decided to carry out further investigations or hold an inquest into the death, you can still sue the Tell Us Once service before the registration has been completed. You will need to be in receipt of any ‘interim certificates’ the Coroner has issued to you first. Please contact the Register Office for more information.
The Register Office is open
Monday to Friday 9am-4pm
Saturday 10am to 4pm
You can contact us
In person – Scunthorpe Central, Carlton Street, Scunthorpe North Lincolnshire DN15 6TX
By email – email@example.com
By telephone – 01724 298555
If you need to contact a registrar in an emergency outside office hours, please call the CCTV Centre on 01724 276444
They will contact us on your behalf and arrange for you to be called back.