SSE Local Keadby Wind farm and SSE Sustainable Development Fund
In 2013 SSE developed a 34-turbine site in North Lincolnshire and pledged more than £8.5m for community projects.
SSE have two funding schemes available in North Lincolnshire for community projects:
- SSE Local Keadby Wind Farm Fund
- The Sustainable Development Fund (SDF)
SSE Local Keadby Wind Farm Fund
Around £182,000 per year has been allocated to the SSE Local Keadby Wind Farm Fund and made available to community projects within the North Axholme Ward area.
The SSE Local Keadby Wind Farm Fund is accepting applications from projects within the eligible area (see map).
Applications are invited from the Parishes of Gunness & Burringham to be considered for a ring fenced grant fund of £20,000 (made up from the two SSE funding schemes) to be allocated across the four funding panel meetings listed below. Applications must meet the SSE funding guidelines to be eligible for consideration by the SSE Keadby Wind Farm Local Funding Panel.
SSE guidance notes [PDF, 618Kb]
Guidance notes for Gunness and Burringham [PDF, 618Kb]
Guidance notes and the two application forms are available for those wishing to apply to the Fund.
Small grant application (up to £5000) [DOC, 180Kb]
Large grant application (over £5000) [DOCX, 226Kb]
The decision making panel meets every quarter to discuss projects. The deadlines for submitting applications are:
|Deadline||Decision making panel|
|31 December 2018||21 January 2019|
|1 May 2019||20 May 2019|
|1 July 2019||22 July 2019|
|30 September 2019||21 October 2019|
The SSE Sustainable Development Fund (SDF)
The Sustainable Development Fund (SDF) is in addition to our local Keadby Wind Farm Fund and supports strategic projects across North Lincolnshire. It allows the benefits of the renewable energy development to be accessible to a wider area and is directed to projects that can achieve significant impact in local communities.
Applications for the fund open on 1 March 2019 and close on 13 May 2019. The decision-making panel will take place on 6 June 2019.
SDF Guidance notes [PDF, 609Kb]
SDF Application Form 2019 [DOC, 1Mb]
- Creating opportunities: Create or enhance opportunities for education and employment through activities that develop skills and improve an individual’s chance of entering the workplace.
- Empowering communities: Empower communities to become more resilient and protect vulnerable residents through measures which demonstrate long-term social, environmental or economic improvements.
- Sustainable places: Stimulate meaningful regeneration to improve or enhance local infrastructure, landscape, biodiversity or heritage and make a lasting difference to the places we live, work and visit.
Further information about SSE is available from the SSE website.
Monday – Thursday 8.30 – 5pm
Friday 8.30 – 4,30pm