Reporting a crime

To follow any changes to this service, visit the Council Service Updates page.

We take crime and fear of crime as important issues and work closely with our partners to reduce both.

If you need to report a crime you should contact Humberside Police.

In an emergency you should dial 999 when:

  • there is a danger to life or a risk of injury being caused, such as a serious road accident or assault
  • a crime is in progress, such as a robbery, burglary or theft, and the offender is still on the scene or has only just left the area
  • the immediate attendance of police officer is necessary

Non-emergency crime reporting

In some cases an emergency response is not appropriate, for instance:

  • burglary of non-domestic or commercial premises, for example, sheds and outbuildings
  • theft
  • criminal damage
  • theft from or damage to vehicles

If the matter is less urgent then you should call the non-emergency number – 101.

For these case Humberside Police have created an online reporting form for you to use:

However if you want to report a crime or you think the police should be made aware of something, but you don’t want to give your name or address to the police then you should call  Crimestoppers  on 0800 555 111.