Garden waste collections across North Lincolnshire will resume from Tuesday 2 June.
To help collections resume as efficiently as possible, people are asked to follow the guidance below.
People can help the refuse collectors by:
- Putting bins out on scheduled collection days by 7am. Check your collection date.
- Not over filling bins – the lid must be closed to stop garden waste spilling out.
- Storing excess waste until the next collection.
- Ensure that any compacted material is loosened before collection – if the waste is squashed down it could get stuck or make the bin too heavy for the lifting equipment, which may mean the bin cannot emptied.
- Not putting bags of garden waste in or next to the bin. Bagged garden waste cannot be reprocessed.
The bulky collection service has been temporarily suspended as staff are currently working on delivering priority services to keep residents of North Lincolnshire safe and well.
The council are asking that residents who must visit the sites observe social distancing rules and remember that Government guidelines are that everyone stay at home unless their journey is essential. Residents are urged to use the sites only in exceptional circumstances, for example where they have excess general household waste to dispose of.
Please respect the safety of the attendants by not asking for their help as they also need to comply with social distancing.
Our Household Recycling Centres are provided for the disposal of household waste only. It is illegal to dispose of commercial waste at these sites.
Please sort your waste before you leave home and ensure you place all waste and recycling into the correct container on site.