Garden waste collections across North Lincolnshire will resume from Tuesday 2 June.
To help collections resume as efficiently as possible, people are asked to follow the guidance below.
People can help the refuse collectors by:
- Putting bins out on scheduled collection days by 7am. Collection dates can be found on our website.
- Not over filling bins – the lid must be closed to stop garden waste spilling out.
- Storing excess waste until the next collection.
- Ensure that any compacted material is loosened before collection – if the waste is squashed down it could get stuck or make the bin too heavy for the lifting equipment, which may mean the bin cannot emptied.
- Not putting bags of garden waste in or next to the bin. Bagged garden waste cannot be reprocessed.
If your bin has not been collected, you can report it via this page.
Before you report a missed collection, remember to ask yourself the following questions:
- Was your bin out on the correct date and time? (Containers should be presented by 6am for trade and 7am for domestic on your collection day.)
- Was your collection day affected by a bank holiday this week?
- Did your bin contain the correct material?
If your bins have been missed please be aware that we will carry out the following checks on our systems:
- In cab
- Crew reports
This checks whether the bins/boxes were presented on time or if there were any issues with the bins/boxes that have been logged on our systems, for example, contaminated or too heavy.
If, after all checks have been done, and the bin was missed by the crews we will return within three working days.