The council is launching a new Recycling Ambassador scheme and is recruiting now for volunteer recycling champions who can help others in their community to waste less and recycle more.
You don’t need any experience to be a recycling champion. You just need to be over 18 and able to attend training sessions and willing to encourage others to recycle, reuse and reduce their own waste.
The role includes:
- Helping raise awareness of the benefits of recycling, reuse and waste minimisation to the community
- Encourage and help more residents to recycle, reuse and reduce waste
- Helping raise awareness of the issues we encounter on a daily basis
- Free training will be provided
- Access to free resources and ongoing support
- Gain experience of working with a variety of new people and groups
- Learn new skills and improve existing skills
- Help increase recycling and improve the environment
- Save money
- Become a recycling expert
- Make new friends
- Improve your CV
How to join
You can register by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, email and contact telephone number and a short paragraph of why you want to be a recycling champion and who you can engage with (for example, family and friends or community groups).