In order to remain compliant with our licenses we cannot allow any waste to be disposed of after stated closing times.
To help collections resume as efficiently as possible, people are asked to follow the guidance below.
People can help the refuse collectors by:
- Putting bins out on scheduled collection days by 7am. Check your collection date.
- Not over filling bins – the lid must be closed to stop garden waste spilling out.
- Storing excess waste until the next collection.
- Ensure that any compacted material is loosened before collection – if the waste is squashed down it could get stuck or make the bin too heavy for the lifting equipment, which may mean the bin cannot emptied.
- Not putting bags of garden waste in or next to the bin. Bagged garden waste cannot be reprocessed.
The bulky collection service has been temporarily suspended as staff are currently working on delivering priority services to keep residents of North Lincolnshire safe and well.
The council are asking that residents who must visit the sites observe social distancing rules and remember that Government guidelines are that everyone stay at home unless their journey is essential. Residents are urged to use the sites only in exceptional circumstances, for example where they have excess general household waste to dispose of Please respect the safety of the attendants by not asking for their help as they also need to comply with social distancing.
Our household recycling centres (council tips)
There are eight Household Recycling Centres (often referred to as the ‘council tip’) in North Lincolnshire where you can take household waste and recycling.
To find out what sort of waste can be taken to the sites, please see our what you can take page. Please separate your waste before coming along to the site so we can recycle as much as possible.
Larger vehicles and trailers may require a permit to be allowed on site – please check if you need a permit.
The sites are for disposal only. Residents are unable to take items from the site. Items which may be suitable for re-use may be sold by the council through approved contracted companies. This helps us to comply with the ‘waste hierarchy’.
Our sites are for household waste only. For commercial, trade or business waste, please see our commercial waste pages.
All sites are closed Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day.
Scunthorpe (Cottage Beck Road) is the only site which is open seven days per week. All the other sites are open Friday to Tuesday only.