Additional commercial waste services
Please read below for information about additional waste services we offer to commercial and trade premises.
For more details regarding business, commercial or trade waste and current prices please contact us.
What we offer
There is a charge for this service. For further details, current prices, or to arrange a collection, please call our Commercial Waste Helpline.
Electrical items such as computer monitors, fridges and freezers are classed as hazardous waste and need to be disposed of separately. We are unable to collect these items.
There are certain responsibilities commercial businesses have when it comes to disposing of Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment (WEEE):
- If you bought electrical equipment after 13 August 2005, then the producer of that equipment is responsible for its collection, treatment and recycling when you dispose of it.
- If you bought the equipment before 13 August 2005, and do not replace it, then you are responsible for paying for and arranging treatment in accordance with the WEEE regulations and existing waste management legislation. This includes the Duty of Care and Hazardous Waste Regulations.
- If you rent or lease equipment the producer is usually responsible for its disposal.
- The regulations allow producers and business users to agree ‘alternative arrangements’, whereby the business user agrees to take on some or all of the future costs of the end-of-life treatment of the equipment they buy. This is a commercial decision that you will need to make and is likely to form part of the normal negotiating processes for supply contacts in the future.
Disposing of confidential waste in a paper recycling bin or with general waste is not secure.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) requires all businesses that hold personal information to have adequate security measures in place. All data should be properly protected at all stages during the process of destruction.
We can provide a confidential waste paper collection service, which guarantees that all the material is securely managed and recycled.
There is a choice of four different containers for the collection of office reports, old invoices, computer records, archived materials, and financial reports, for example.
- Confidential waste sack
Holds 15 to 20kgs
- Lockable metal datasafe cabinet
- Lockable plastic wheeled bin – 120L
Holds 50 to 60kgs
- Lockable plastic wheeled bin – 240L
Holds 100 to 120kgs
The waste will be handled by authorised staff. A certificate of destruction will be issued confirming the secure management of your confidential waste.
Collections are available every other Thursday. Collections can be made fortnightly, four weekly, every eight weeks or as necessary.
For further information and current prices please contact us.
We can provide clinical waste and sharps containers to businesses. There is a charge for this service.
Holds approximately 10kgs. Dimensions: 93cm x 72cm
2.5 litre in size. Dimensions: 17x16cm 54cm circumference
Collections can be ad hoc, weekly or fortnightly.
For further information and current prices, or to set up a collection, please contact us using the details below.
We provide businesses, trade premises and schools with a collection service for fluorescent tubes and low energy light bulbs.
They are both classed as hazardous waste and need to be disposed of separately, and not mixed in with general waste.
In some circumstances Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), including fluorescent tubes, can be returned to the place of sale. Please check with your supplier.
We will provide special containers for the tubes and bulbs. The materials recovered are sent for recycling.
Monday to Thursday 8.30am to 5pm
Friday 8.30am to 4.30pm