The council is investing £45,000 to refurbish the gym equipment at Ancholme Leisure Centre to ensure gym-goers have access to top class equipment.
The gym will be temporarily closed on Wednesday 12 and Thursday 13 December to carry out the work.
This investment follows a consultation with customers which identified that gym users would like different types of equipment to help them with their exercise.
The new state-of-the-art gym equipment being installed includes:
- Five new cross-trainers – helps tone muscles and strengthen your heart
- Two recumbent cycles – gentle on your joints and supports lower back
- Three upright cycles – uses the same muscles as outdoor cycling
- Arm cycle – a great way to work your chest, shoulders, back, arms and core muscles, and for people with reduced mobility
- Synrgy 360 T Rig – a multi-use training system that can be used for group classes
- Squat rack – customisable equipment that two people can use at the same time
The treadmills will be replaced at a later date with interactive treadmills that allow people to run, jog or walk in different countries or link in with other people logged onto the system.
To find out more about Ancholme Leisure Centre, including the activities it offers and opening times, visit the leisure centre page.
Cllr Rob Waltham, Leader of North Lincolnshire Council, said:
“We are investing in the gym at Ancholme Leisure Centre to ensure it’s fit for purpose and our customers have access to modern equipment that meets their needs.
“Keeping active is really important for your health and wellbeing and has lots of benefits. It’s important that our leisure centres provide the best possible service and up-to-date equipment, which is why we are fully committed to making improvements.
“We apologise for any inconvenience caused by the two-day gym closure. The new equipment will make a big difference to your gym experience.
“If you are looking to get fit, why not find out about our health and fitness memberships?”