Micro Asphalt resurfacing
North Lincolnshire Council will commence a countywide highway maintenance contract of Micro Asphalt resurfacing in 2012.
This contract will use mobile works techniques, which minimise disruption for road users. Residents and businesses will be given advance warning when works are due to start in their locations.
If you require further information please contact the council's highway maintenance team on 01724 297000.
What is Micro Asphalt?
Micro asphalt is a relatively new and economical solution to resurfacing roads, which are starting to show the first signs of wear and tear. We use micro asphalt when the structure of the road is good but the very top surface is beginning to wear and needs sealing to stop water getting in, preventing major deterioration. The material consists primarily of a bitumen emulsion in a liquid form, with stone added, which dries to provide a new top surface. As well as protecting against water the micro asphalt fills minor surface irregularities, improves skid resistance and prolongs the lifespan of the road.
What the council do:
- Give advance notice of works to residents and drivers
- Provide advisory and warning signs from start of the treatment until the road can be used normally
- Sweep roads and footways to remove loose chippings
- Minimise disruption and hazards for traffic
- Ensure all complaints are investigated and appropriate action is taken
What can you do?
- Ensure vehicles are not left on roads that will be treated
- Avoid deliveries and inviting visitors during the proposed work times. Please contact the council if you have any difficulties with this by phoning 01724 297000
- Keep your speed low on recently treated roads
- Never overtake on newly treated roads