A pothole is a hollow in the road where the surface of the road has broken up. We are responsible for maintaining and repairing the roads in North Lincolnshire.
How quickly we repair a pot hole depends on the risk it poses to road users. This can be difficult as all pot holes present some risk, but the main factors considered are:
- Size and depth of the pothole
- Type of traffic using the road
- Speed and volume of traffic
- Road alignment and visibility of the pothole
- Position of the pothole in the road
Potholes can also be on footpaths, pavements and cycle paths.
Report a pothole