Councillor D Wells, R Alderson, G Anderson, H Armstrong, M
Broadbridge, D Dukes, K Hammond, M Jenkinson, J Haynes, G Hoey, F
Ross and A Towns,
Also in Attendance: C Wilkinson (Environment
Team) and S Whittemore (Democratic Services), (North Lincolnshire
The forum met at The Angel, Brigg.
1. WELCOME AND INTRODUCTIONS - Members and
officers introduced themselves. The members gave an indication of
their background and interests. Officers explained the background
and role of the forum. The Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000
placed a duty on all highway authorities to establish local access
forums. They would have a wide role to play in advising upon
strategic access and recreation issues and would be statutory
advisers to the authorities.
2. APPOINTMENT OF SECRETARY -
Resolved -That the Head of Legal and Democratic
Services or his representative act as secretary to the forum.
3. APPOINTMENT OF CHAIR - Resolved - That
Councillor Wells be and he is hereby appointed chair of the
Councillor Wells thereupon took the chair.
4. APPOINTMENT OF VICE-CHAIR - Resolved - That
Mr G Hoey be and he is hereby appointed vice-chair of the
Resolved - That the report be noted.
5. TERMS OF REFERENCE – The terms of
reference of the forum were circulated. These were in accordance
with the Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000 and subsequent
Resolved - That the report be approved.
6. CONSTITUTION – A
suggested constitution for the forum was tabled.
Resolved - That consideration of this matter be
deferred to the next meeting
7. STANDING ORDERS – Suggested Standing
Orders were tabled.
Resolved – That consideration of this
matter be deferred to the next meeting.
8. DRAFT MAPS OF OPEN COUNTRYSIDE AND REGISTERED COMMON
LAND – The Countryside Agency was producing maps of
all open countryside (land which appeared to consist wholly or
predominantly of mountain, moor, heath and downland) and all
registered common land, so that the public would be clear where
they would be able to exercise their right of access under the
Countryside and Rights of Way Act 2000. The forum was invited to
comment on the maps covering the North Lincolnshire area. It should
seek to arrive at a consensus when doing so.
Resolved – That comments be submitted on
behalf of the forum in relation to the following issues: -
- Risby Warren should not be included;
- Brigg, Goxhill, East Halton village greens should possibly be
- A possible area of common land at Garthorpe.
9. ANY OTHER BUSINESS
- Items for the next meeting.
Resolved - that the following items be placed
on the agenda for the next meeting : -
- Terms of Reference;
- Definitive Map;
- Use of footpaths by motorcycles, and
- Disabled Access
Resolved - that an article on the forum be
prepared by the officers to be approved by the Chair and Vice
– Chair for publication in Direct Magazine and the local
- Financial Provision/Expenses
Resolved - That details of expenses be
circulated to all members of the forum.
10. DATE AND TIME OF NEXT MEETING - Resolved
-That the next meeting be held at 2.30 p.m. on 7 April