How to obtain a pay and display ticket
- The numbers of the vehicle registration must be entered before a ticket will be given from the machine. If your registration number is FY02 XXX, enter 02. For N981 ABC, enter 981.
- If a mistake is made, press the back-arrow key to clear the last number entered.
- Insert all coins.
- Check the digital display to see that these have registered. (The cancel button will return coins by the reject slot).
- Press the green button and a ticket for the required amount of time will be issued.
- Display the ticket in a prominent position on the windscreen of the vehicle.
Please note: A ticket purchased from a Long Stay car park is not transferable to a Short Stay car park.
For ticket machine faults please telephone the number shown on the board (01724 276444).
- 5p, 10p, 20p, 50p, £1, £2
- No change given.
For scale of charges and conditions see notice board.
Taking money but not giving ticket:
- Was the registration number entered before inserting coins?
- If so, retrieve coins from the Reject Slot (press silver button to release coins)
- Enter registration number
- Insert coinage
Taking money but not giving correct number of parking hours:
- The green button has been pressed before all coins had time to fully register
- You must have a ticket to cover for the length of time required
- Purchase another ticket to cover required number of hours before leaving the vehicle
- Return to the vehicle before the ticket runs out and purchase another
- Remove the vehicle before ticket expires
If none of the above apply or machine says 'Not in Use':
- Telephone 01724 276444 or 297000 to report the fault. Leave your name, vehicle registration number and the name of the car park (Do not leave a note in the vehicle)
- Obtain a ticket from another machine if available or...
- Park in another car park
The Parishes Multi-Storey car park (pay on foot)
In the case of any fault, please advise the civil enforcement officer in the office. This is located at the Cole Street entrance. Alternatively, press the help button on the pay station.