1. From the bus shelter go down Church Street to St Andrews Church. Go through the iron gate into the churchyard and follow the flagged path past the church to a kissing gate.
2. Go through the kissing gate and turn right with the boundary on your right, (the remains of moats on your left mark the site of a priory).
3. At the end of the field by a barn go through an old kissing gate into Hollow-gate Hill. Cross the road and proceed up Long Lane.
4. At the end of the tarmac section near John Givens Racing Stables go straight forward through the belt of trees on a clear track that can be muddy.
5. Cross the grass paddock over two stiles and join the track over another stile by a three fingered post. The left hand track leads into Hemswell. We turn right and follow a good track known as Southfield Lane. This can be muddy in the winter.
6. Where the lane bends sharply to the right, go straight on over a ditch board bridge on a signposted footpath with a pond and a small thicket on your right, climb the stile and walk across the grass field to a three step stile at the road.
7. Cross the road, ditch board bridge and stile following the footpath sign and waymark crossing the field over green mounds that mark the site of the Knights Templar’s preceptory. Temple Garth.
8. When you reach the field gate and signpost turn right down the lane and left passing the Stirrup Inn to your starting point.