1. From the car park go into the woods on a broad track ignoring a track on the right only a few yards into the wood, the track goes slightly uphill and then drops quite steeply.
2. Just after a small lake is passed on the right you reach a junction where the short walk bears right. For this walk follow points three to five. For the longer walk carry straight on, following the path on a circular walk until you come to a T-junction. Take a right here, following the sign for the car park, until you reach point two again. Take a left here then pick up the short walk route (points three to five).
3. When the path divides either route may be taken as they meet up at the same point, but go left for a splendid view of the lake.
4. Carry on down the path. You will come across a narrow way marked path to the right which crosses a wooden bridge, this can be taken but it may be better to carry straight on along the wider path.
5. If the wider path has been taken, take a right turn, signposted 'car park', along a gently rising track. The car park is seen at the end, the way is obvious. If the wooden bridge route has been taken follow the path until you come across the 'car park' sign, follow this back to the car park.