1. Cross the main road opposite the red Lion and follow the footpath sign along Vicarage Lane.
2. At the lane end, turn left at the way mark round the edge of the recreation area, bearing to the right to a kissing gate in the churchyard wall.
3. Go through and follow the path round a bend and then across an arable field.
4. At the path junction, turn right and walk with a dyke on your left to the corner of the Hall grounds.
5. Turn left here on a wide path, passing the Hall, and later a wall on your right and a wood on your left to Gingerbread Cottage.
6. Bear left past the cottage and in a few metres turn left into a lane.
7. Follow this lane to a bridge, cross it and turn immediately right following a good field headland path with a stream on your right. This path exits through an old orchard into a lane.
8. This is river Head, turn left and follow the lane with the old airfield on the right.
9. Turn left along a tarmac lane and back to the bridge at point seven, cross the bridge and turn right down a path with the stream on your right, through a thicket to a wooden footbridge with one handrail.
10. Cross the bridge over one stream and keep to the left of another stream.
11. At a fingerpost follow the sign to Carr lane over a bridge with a pumping station on your right. Turn immediately left down a lane and at the end of the lane follow a path with a tall hedge on your left.
12. Enter School Land and follow it to the main road, cross this back to the start.