1. Leave the car park, turning left along the Kingsway; in a few yards use the pedestrian crossing to cross the busy Kingsway and enter Glanville Avenue. Keep on the right, crossing Lloyds Avenue and Thomas Road.
2. At a mini roundabout, turn right up West Common Lane, cross Glover Road at the next mini roundabout and go downhill past John Leggott College.
3. Turn right uphill on a tarmac path through woodland. This is Ridge Walk.
4. The path enters a small car park and emerges onto the Kingsway, turn left along the pavement.
5. Cross the Kingsway using the central island as a refuge if needed.
6. Bear right along the pavement for a few yards and turn left into Brumby Woods past a metal barrier and ahead along a wide woodland path. Ignore a minor path going left.
7. At the first major cross tracks, turn right along a track which heads diagonally back towards the Kingsway, goes parallel with it emerging into a more open area. Follow this path passing playing fields and a paddling pool on the left and then past the car park on the right.
8. At a path junction near mature trees, there are two paths going right, take the second path which curves round back towards the car park.
9. At a path junction, the main path leads to the pedestrian crossing over the Kingsway, we turn right through shrubs into the car park.